- Clifford has a very interesting post on 3D imaging of dark matter distribution
Update: See also Bad Astronomy and Cosmic Variance
- IEEE Spectrum has an article about the reactions to Lee Smolin's book 'The Trouble with Physics', titled Thread-Bare Theories (via qgs)
- I learned yesterday that my post about Micro Black Holes has been selected for the Science Blogging Anthology... since I did not submit my own entry, anybody has an idea who nominated me...? Huh? Anyway, a large THANK YOU to the anonymous fan :-)
- I am about to set up a discussion group here at PI about experimental tests on quantum gravity. From writing this blog it seems to me that the topic is of interest for many readers as well. I have therefore exported a brief summary on a separate blog, where I will (try to) report on the discussion. I hope you contribute lively --->Quantum Gravity in the Lab
- The January issue of Physics Today has a (free) article about Germany's 'excellence initiative' (Exzellenzinitiative of the BMBF) titled Germany singles out universities for excellence
- From the category 'Useless Knowledge': Did you know... that Isidore of Seville is the patron saint of the internet?