|We've been wondering what to do this year at advent time. Last year's “Plottl a Day” was great fun, but this year unfortunately neither Stefan nor I have much time. Thus, we thought this year we'd make it an interactive advent season and count on you to make it memorable!|
We will suggest a one-line science fiction scenario every day, and hope you let your fantasy go wild :-)
Here is the first:
What if we could change the value of Planck's constant?
Also... we haven't yet quite 24 “What if's” together. So, if you have a scenario that you'd love to speculate about, leave it in the comments!
- #2: What if we could create anti-gravitating matter?
- #3: What if carbon dioxide was pink?
- #4: What if we discovered a drug for immortality?
- #5: What if we found a way to predict the outcome of quantum measurements?
- #6: What if we could build a room in which time could be made to run faster or slower?
- #7: What if the Earth had two small moons instead of one?
- #8: What if all the world leaders were women?
- #9: What if you could download a textbook directly on your brain?
- #10: What if water had a vanishingly small surface tension?
- #11: What if we could grow hardware on trees?
- #12: What if we could see light over as large a frequency range as we can hear sound?
- #13: What if we would chose the members of parliament randomly from the whole population?
- #14: What if all screws on this planet would suddenly dissolve?
- #15: What if the Sun was hotter and more blue, or cooler and more red than it is?
- #16: What if our vacuum was only metastable and started decaying tomorrow morning?
- #17: What if somebody we've never heard of found a way to compute all the ratios of masses in the standard model (without introducing new ad hoc parameters)?
- #18: What if the left and the right side of the human brain were considerably better connected?
- #19: What if the memory of all electronic data storage media was suddenly erased?
- #20: What if we could arbitrarily rescale the size of all objects?
- #21: What if all Curie temperatures drop to zero and matter loses permanent magnetisation?
- #22: What if the internet became self-aware?
- #23: What if SETI detects strange radio signals from a star with an exoplanet?