Stefan and I, we will spend the next two weeks in the Southern Hemisphere, so don't expect to hear from us too much.
I found posting my New Year's resolutions would tell too much about my bad habits, so instead I will give you some hand-made future predictions for 2009 or maybe 2099. Feel free to add yours, and be bold:
- Transparent clothing will become trendy! Especially in footwear.
- The LHC will finally make the first collision and the world will not end.
- Instead we will be swamped by rumors about potential discoveries at the LHC that will all vanish into the background mist again.
- Obama will be accused of populism and run into problems with his own party.
- We will witness the bankruptcy of many social networking sites and online news providers.
- Somebody will claim to have found a counterexample for the AdS/CFT correspondence.