- I am very proud to report that I eventually managed to install a recent-comments-box in the sidebar!! Thanks go via several detours back to Clifford.
- Flip has an excellent post on The Braneworld and the Hierarchy in the Randall Sundrum (I) model
- Hey America, Germany is catching up.
- Idea of the day: I suggest that journals which reject more than 70% of submitted manuscripts should offer a consolidation gift. What I have in mind is a shirt saying "My manuscript went to PRD and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".
- Ever felt like your brain is too small? Think twice (if you have capacity left): Man with tiny brain shocks doctors
- Coincidentally, I came across the German version of Lee Smolin's book Warum gibt es die Welt? (Life of the Cosmos), which I found somewhat disturbing (I mean, even more than the English version). Among other things (that concern Japanese surfer) I learned that New York is the largest city on the planet (such the re-translation). Apologies to the translator*, but should you consider buying that book, I strongly recommend the English version (to read the original sentence go to amazon, and search inside for "irrelevant content" - amazingly the result is only one hit).
- Quotation of the day:
"The days come and go like muffled and veiled figures sent from a distant friendly party, but they say nothing, and if we do not use the gifts they bring, they carry them as silently away."
* It turned out my husband knows him personally. It's a small world...