- Christine Dantas, who some of you will remember from her blog Background Independence, is back with a new blog called Theorema Egregium.
- The 7th edition of the blog carnival Philosophia Naturalis is out at Geekpoint, and as always it has a lot of interesting links. We are in with my post about The world's largest microscope.
- Things you only learn at this blog: the ASCII code for the degree-symbol is 176, here is with special dedication to Frank:
You produce this thing by either typing ° or ° and I promise to use it from now on.
- The Canadian Association of Physicists has an annual Art of Physics Competition. The website is not worth checking out because it mostly consists of broken links, but the winner photo from 2003 is just great:
- Update: In case you didn't know, the International Polar Year begun yesterday. Interestingly, the Polar Year lasts two years.
- Have a nice day!