For your distraction, here's some things that I've come across that you might enjoy:
- Correlations between hobbies and impact factors of scientists (via Garrett). It seems I should do more painting again...
- If life gives you lemons, well, you know. If life gives you ants, give them food colors.
- Money as an incentive doesn't work well for creative labor.
- I came across an amusing footnote in a 1994 paper that quotes J.A. Wheeler in private correspondence
[I recall] the well-known statement of Rutherford, "When a student of mine uses the word "universe", I tell him it is time for him to leave." But maybe that's why so many of us live in America!
Those where the days.
- Random advice: If you plan on uploading a paper, make sure you've removed all comments...
- And a movie wanting to communicate that scientists are human beings, if you had any doubts.