I got 32 right, I failed on the colors in the state flag of North Rhine-Westphalia. Outcome:
- "Well done! You would have no problem getting a German passport."
- Which of the following do Germans traditionally do at Easter?
- Leave pumpkins in front of the door
- Decorate a fir tree
- Paint eggs
- Let off fireworks
Hint: if you follow this blog, you know the answer.
They left out however some of the really important questions, here are my suggestions:
- 1. Besides being a citizen of Frankfurt, what is a 'Frankfurter'
- A: A bakery
- B: A sausage
- C: A flat tire
- D: A drink mixed of beer and lemonade
- 2. If a German says he will meet you at three-quarter eight (dreiviertel Acht), what does he mean?
- A: 8:45
- B: 8:15
- C: 7:45
- D: Any time between three quarter to and after eight, ie 7:15 - 8:45
- 3. What did the crowd chant on Nov. 9th '89 at the Brandenburg Gate?
- A: Lasst uns rein - Let us in
- B: Lasst uns raus - Let us out
- C: Wir sind der Staat - We are the state
- D: Wir sind das Volk - We are the people
- 4. If a Bavarian tells you to "Grüss Gott" - "Say hello to God", he means
- A: Thank you
- B: Hello
- C: Piss off
- D: I died and went to heaven
(Answers: 1 - B, 2 - I don't know!, 3 - D, 4 - B)