- I recently noticed via the referrals to this blog that somebody created a Facebook Group "I'M SICK OF ALL THE POTHOLES IN KW!!!" (KW= Kitchener + Waterloo), which names as website my last month's post on Potholes. Recent news on that Facebook site: "the potholes are multiplying like rabbits". The group has by now 79 members. (Aside: You can't say 'kill the wabbit' - they are too cute.)
- Stefan lets me know that the Springer journal General Relativity and Gravitation has a special issue on dark energy with contributions by Raphael Bousso, Liam McAllister and Eva Silverstein, Martin Bojowald, and others more. It's subscription free, so check it out!
- All the definitions for General Relativity you need: GR Wiki. [Via Chanda].
- Barbara Axt from Nature Blogs comments on a study according to which women are allegedly happier with men who are less good-looking then they themselves. I'm trying to imagine next time I go to dinner with a guy and he asks me why I'm smiling, I tell him "I'm just happy coz you are so ugly." Sounds like a great conversation starter.
- Picture of the week. For info see Daily Mail: Amazing pictures as shuttle makes return to Earth after record 16-day mission to space station
- Quotation of the week:
- "I don't know why I go walking at night
But now I'm tired and I don't want to walk anymore
I hope it doesn't take the rest of my life
Until I find what it is I've been looking for"