- Randomwebsearch.com helps to 'waste your time more efficiently' - your employer will be thrilled to hear!
- Carl Zimmer shows us a collection of scientist's tattoos in his post Branded with Science
- I stumbled across this totally enchanting website of the Toronto artist Susy Bee (see painting below)
- Which reminded me of the following joke:
An astronomer, a physicist and a mathematician (it is said) were holidaying in Scotland. Glancing from a train window, they observed a black sheep in the middle of a field.
"How interesting," observed the astronomer, "all Scottish sheep are black!"
To which the physicist responded, "No, no! Some Scottish sheep are black!"
The mathematician gazed heavenward in supplication, and then intoned, "In Scotland there exists at least one field, containing at least one sheep, at least one side of which is black."
For more jokes of this kind, see here.
- In case you missed it, Cosmic Variance discussed in detail the geek factor of eating colored candy. Those of you who are too nerdy to waste time with reality can play with M&M's online (zero calories!). For alternative Smartie-fun, see 'Blow Up Smarties', or shoot down your M&M's here.
- Quote of the day:
“It's not that I'm so smart , it's just that I stay with problems longer .”
Thursday, August 16, 2007
This and That
I am somewhat busy these days, so my apologies for being more quite than usual. For your entertainment a couple of distractions I came across lately: